[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Sun Dec 12 18:33:44 UTC 2004

In message <1102722529.3411.9.camel at avenin.ebourne.me.uk>
          Martin Ebourne <lists at ebourne.me.uk> wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 09:45, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> > Indeed. It's hard to justify paying for the Hauppage, Nebula or
> > Pinnacle cards if the Twinhan one is going to work. The others might
> > have better Windows software but I don't care about that.
>
> I don't think the visionplus one comes with a remote control. The remote
> with the nova-t is pretty good and works well with MythTV. It'd be worth
> the extra for that.

I have other plans for a remote. Aside from anything else I want to
mount the receiver internally if I can.

I ordered two VisionPlus cards on Friday anyway, so we'll see what
they're like when they turn up on Tuesday... I've got seven days to
send them back if I don't like them.

> Also, scan sell the nova-t without remote for only 5 quid more than the
> visionplus. Again I'd be prepared to pay the extra for consistency, and
> because I already have the nova-t (though the last model) and it works
> very well.

Except they never seem to have the w/o remote ones in stock, and
nobody else seems to even list them.

> > My main concern is actually which card is going to cope best with
> > a poor signal - my old Pioneer OnDigital box has a lot of trouble
> > with one of the Muxes and I'm hoping that a modern card will be a
> > bit better.
>
> Not heard anything on the visionplus, but the nova-t has pretty good
> reception for a tv card. Certainly mine is very good - you should see
> the picture on an analogue set, virtually unwatchable at times.

I managed to improve things a bit yesterday anyway, and my old box
is now getting all six muxes from the external aerial without any
problems - no more switching to the indoor for Mux B!

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/