[mythtv-users] mythmusic and "various artists" albums

Colin Guthrie myth at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 12 16:31:21 UTC 2004

Curtis Stanford wrote:
> I've been using and enjoying mythmusic for a while now and stumbled upon
> a problem. I have lots of albums that have various artists on them (i.e.
> soundtracks, christmas albums, etc.).

I've got a patch to MythMusic that makes it handle Various Artist stuff
properly. It basically gives you an option in the setup which you can
turn on and off. It knows the difference between and "album artist" and
a "track artist" and will display your tunes differently depending on
the option you choose.

It's been a little delayed as I had to totally re-write the Metadata
code in myth to get write support for TPE4 in the ID3 Tag (even tho' I
use ogg!!).

That patch has now been incorporated into the truck of MythMusic, and
I'm just tidying up my multiartist patch now.

There isn't a public release of this yet, as I'm about to change
something to make the title display format more flexible.

I'll have something posted on the Dev list in the next week or so.

If you want to reply to me, please do so directly as I don't read the
user list very often.

Cheers

Col.