[mythtv-users] pvr250 volume doesn't match M179

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sun Dec 12 02:45:24 UTC 2004

On Saturday 11 December 2004 13:24, myth at umich2.com wrote:
> I installed an M179 as a secondary card in my system. The audio out of it
> is considerably louder than my pvr-250. The m179 matches the volume of
> music and dvd's so it seems to be an issue with the pvr. Any thoughts on
> how to bump up the volume on it?

M179 cards don't support the ivtv volume control ioctls, so they're always at
100%, I believe. The PVR-x50 cards respect whatever capture volume you set
for your hardware mpeg2 encoder card profiles, which is something less than
100% by default. Adjust your recording profiles to always capture at 100%
volume, and the two should behave the same.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...