[mythtv-users] Re: widespread reports of (sort of) the same failures

Sasha Z kleptophobiac at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 20:21:09 UTC 2004

I'm running Arch linux (similar to gentoo in that it uses bleeding
edge everything, but distributed more in binary form).

Here's the hardware:
GF4 MX440 128MB AGP8X
Athlon 1700+
NF7-S
512MB PC3200
20GB WD200
PVR 250
BTTV pos card

And the software:
kernel 2.6.9 (arch IDE build)
mythtv CVS as of 12.11.2004
GCC 3.4.3
ivtv 0.2rc3w
nvidia driver 6111 (because 29 crashes the MX series on 2.6.9)

Anyway, lirc and non lirc builds don't make any difference. Opengl and
non opengl doesn't make a difference, alsa and non alsa seems to make
a small difference (alsa being a bit more stable).

Has there been any progress on this!?