[mythtv-users] PVR 250 problems

Noel Murphy bnmurphy at rogers.com
Sat Dec 11 16:55:41 UTC 2004

ok.... I tried the pvr 250 card in every pci slot. This did rectify the
problem with 2 devices having the same IRQ, however I still can't get
rid of the

ivtv: Bus Mastering is not enabled
ivtv: Error -6 on initialization
ivtv: iTVC15/16 mpg2 encoder card: probe of 0000:00:0c.0 failed with
error -6

errors. Could it be that my motherboard doesn't have "bus mastering"? I
looked all throughout the bios and the user manual for the mobo and
can't find any mention of "bus master". It is an older machine I was
trying to get away with using, but maybe I won't be able to. The
motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7ZX and my processor is an AMD 950. I do
have another machine that is better, but I was hoping to keep that one
for my desktop machine.

Any thoughts?

Noel