[mythtv-users] changing channels on Directv D10 receiver

Jim Gifford maillist at jg555.com
Fri Dec 10 16:07:21 UTC 2004

Kayne wrote:

>I am looking for information on anyone who has actually made mythtv tune
>a Directv (thomson) D10 reciever.  I have searched hi and low for days
>and have not found many results.  Interfacing to IR or serial I have no
>preference as long as it works.  If you can help me find this
>information, I'd greatly appreciate it.
>Kayne Kruse
>mythtv-users mailing list
>mythtv-users at mythtv.org
I use a serial cable from http://www.dtvcontrol.com/. I also use this
script to change the channels, with the following modification

Change my $serial=init_serial("/dev/cua1","9600"); to
my $serial=init_serial("/dev/ttyS0","9600"); for COM1
my $serial=init_serial("/dev/ttyS1","9600"); for COM2

Jim Gifford
maillist at jg555.com