[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Derek Jennings derek at disposable.dnsalias.org
Fri Dec 10 11:16:02 UTC 2004

On Friday 10 December 2004 10:49, James Hansen wrote:
> I love this list :D   Thanks a lot for the replies..
> i'll order one today then.  I think i'll go with the hauppauge card
> though.  I've used their cards before, and i've always been pretty happy
> with them, and i know they're pretty well supported :)
> James

That VisionPlus card certainly does seem cheap.
Personally I went with the Hauppauge because I had previously tried both the
Hauppauge and the AverMedia and was disappointed with the performance of the
AverMedia with a weak signal and so did not feel like taking a chance with
another different card.

When the new Hauppauge arrived I found it was using a different chip set to my
original one, but the performance seems to be much the same.

You can find info about the drivers here.