[mythtv-users] no sound sblive alsa livetv

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Dec 9 23:42:15 UTC 2004

forforms wrote:
> I plugged headphones into line out jack of capture card and hear no
> sound when using mythtv livetv. I made sure I was using correct hole and

Then no patch cable, soundcard, soundcard dirver, device file
mixer, application, etc. could possibly matter. If there is
no audio signal coming out of the card, nothing downstream
from there could be proven to work or not work. Either there
is a bttv device driver problem or a hardware problem. A driver
problem could be tuner type or other options. Check "v4lctl list"
output and see <kernel_source>/Documentation/video4linux/bttv
and bytesex.org for more help. I've had the audio give up on
a card that had worked one day then stopped the next and another
card worked in it's place. Of course, you don't want to buy
another card if you can't prove that it is bad but if you
purchased it recently you may want to exchange it if you never
get sound with the headphone test.

--  bjm