[mythtv-users] DVB in the UK (EPG)

Steve Hayles (diverse) steve at diverseyachts.com
Thu Dec 9 22:39:12 UTC 2004

Can only let you know how I get on with my set-up.  I receive Freeview from
Rowridge on the Island of wight and I am using a poor antenna (its bad
enough that my normal Freeview box often skips and splutters and
ocasiionally cannot tune a particaular MUX)

I run tv_grab_dvb once a day and I have NEVER had it not work.  Ocasioanally
it wont get data for a channel on a MUX other than the one tuned to but on
the whole its very fast and very reliable.

I would like a few more categories and not all programs get subtitles but I
am delighted on the whole.

I am using a NOVA-T card and tv-grab-dvb-0.9 for reference

Any more info required on my setup then please do ask

Steve Hayles