[mythtv-users] Old WinTV bttv card, playback via PVR350

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Dec 9 21:45:13 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 15:29 -0500, sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com wrote:
> Don't count on hardware encoders producing compatible content.

Thanks for the tip, I'd just assumed that an MPEG video stream was an
MPEG video stream.

> With a lot of trial and error you might find a software based encoder that
> might record/convert to a compatible stream type as the 350's decoder...

I'm hoping that the ivtv xine plugin will eventually be able to take any
video stream supported by xine as an input and munge it into a format
usable by the 350's hardware decoder.

> if you find a solution let everyone know.  You might specifically ask if
> someone has already done this, good chances someone has.

OK: has anyone used a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T freeview receiver with a
PVR350 TV-out as the output? Any luck?

Cheers,
Ian.

--
Ian Campbell

When you try to make an impression, the chances are that is the
impression you will make.