[mythtv-users] segfault on HDTV playback

Jay Merrifield fracmak at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 18:29:14 UTC 2004

Hey, I have a Pundit with the new HD3000 card in it and I've been
poking around mythtv to get it to work correctly and I'm about to
throw my arms up in the air in defeat. I've gotten the card working so
that mythtv actually captures the video. I have confirmed this by
playing the .nuv file in mplayer. Everything's happy, but when I try
and play the video in mythtv, I get a SegFault. I compiled the program
in debug mode and found that it's crashing in the assembly code inside
i386/dsputil_mmx.c inside of the Nuppelvideo player. The only thing I
can think of is that the resolution of the video is 1080i, while my
system is currently outputting 720p. Can anyone else else confirm that
this is the problem? If so, I don't know how to get mythtv to resize
the video to 720p, or something smaller. Any help?