[mythtv-users] display question

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Thu Dec 9 15:21:00 UTC 2004

General question here..

I have an old(ish) 28" Sanyo Widescreen TV.. model 28WN5

I can't seem to find any specs about this TV..

I'm looking at trying to get a "proper" widescreen resolution out of it
under X.. but I've never made a modeline before.. (they've always looked
*damn* complicated)

Am looking at some info on modelines as I type this.. and it says I'm
going to need the following:

     * your monitor's horizontal and vertical sync frequency options
     * your monitor's bandwidth
     * your video adapter's driving clock frequencies, or "dot clocks"

My video card is an ATI 9200SE.. (crap I know.. will upgrade later but
it works for now)

I have not idea how to the the hsync and vsync info for this TV.. and I
have *no* idea what "monitor bandwidth" even is..

Anyone any ideas about how I can get this done?

TIA

Craig