[mythtv-users] NEW - BIG PROBLEM! Watching LiveTV is very slow !!!!!

Josh Burks dotnofoolin at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 15:17:36 UTC 2004

The 2 second delay you are having while using LiveTV is caused by the
ringbuffer. Each time you start/stop LiveTV or change the channel,
Myth has to recreate a 2 second buffer for the
pause/rewind/fast-forward functionality to work as it should. I'm not
sure what's causing the other 3 second delay. Your system seems
powerful enough for a fairly useable Myth system.

On another note, LiveTV is great but most of us users have gotten so
much recorded that we never use Myth to watch LiveTV, we just watch
our previous recordings (which are usually set up on weekly/daily
schedules).

HTH,

Josh