[mythtv-users] RAID5 ATA IDE hardware card recommendations formythbackend ma

travis eddy boscotwo at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 9 01:36:53 UTC 2004

i've been useing software raid 5 for a while, the only time i had a serious
problem was when my ide controall card when it took my two drives with
it..... so now i have 3 drives and 3 controller cards :-)  its great to i
loose a drive about once a year ( i'm not longer buying WD i think i am
going to start going with maxtors ) and i can just buy a new drive plug it
in a run 'mdadm --manage /dev/md0 --add /dev/hd<drive letter>' and an hour
or so later its up to full power....