[mythtv-users] Re: 2.4 or 2.6 kernel?

Mike Frisch mfrisch at isurfer.ca
Thu Dec 9 01:29:30 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 01:19:16PM -0800, nate s wrote:
> I'm running 2.6.9-nitro4 just fine (though I am unable to get lirc to
> work with that or any kernel, so I can't comment on that.)  I think
> the general consensus is that 2.6 is faster than 2.4 in terms of
> desktop performance.

Fair enough.  I will stick with the 2.6 kernels.

It might not have been lirc, but rather ivtv that I couldn't compile
with the nitro kernel.  I'll try again on the next release.

I am not getting smooth video on this machine (Celeron 1200 with
Rage128) I feel that I should be.  I am not running any unneeded
services, using OpenBox as my WM, etc.