[mythtv-users] EPIA-M Unichrome xvmc vld

Steven mythmail at richardstraat.homedns.org
Wed Dec 8 16:19:20 UTC 2004

> Yes, but personally I think it's much better for people to be using
> released versions of X, with CVS versions of the unichrome driver.
>
> Correct the unichrome driver is now regularly copied over to the x.org
> cvs tree, and so when there is a new x release, whatever the version of
> unichrome that has been copied over will be included, so a lot of users
> will get the unichrome support "for free".
>
> ...however, the unichrome driver is frequently being updated, so for
> cutting edge apps that are using the 'being developed' features such as
> MythTV it makes sense to be using the bleeding edge version of the
> unichrome driver and be prepared to keep it regularly updated.
>
> Regards,
> Ivor.

Can someone confirm that the drm kernel module (via.ko) is also included
in the xorg release? Wouldn't I need the kernel source to build this?
(Just confused if installing xorg would provide me with a new version of
lib/modules/Žuname -rŽ/kernel/drivers/char/drm/via.ko or would it be
somewhere else and I just have to remove the existing kernel module?)
The dri wiki at sourceforge seems outdated.

Thanks

Steven