[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV with FX5200 TV-Out

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 8 07:38:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 02:12:45AM -0500, Dan Lanciani wrote:

> |> Playing with myth or mplayer?
> |
> |mplayer.  Playing them with MythTV would require some means of creating
> |entries in the database for the files,
>
> I make a scheduled recording and then overwrite the .nuv file.  (The
> rebuilddatabase script does not seem to work for me. :()

Hmm...I guess that'd be one thing to try out.

> |and MythVideo is just a frontend of
> |sorts for mplayer anyway.
>
> I'm confused.  I thought people reported significantly different results
> using mplayer and the internal myth viewer.

MythVideo is the add-on that plays other types of files (like if you wanted
to watch an XviD file you grabbed off of BitTorrent) within MythTV.  For
most filetypes, it just calls mplayer with the appropriate options.

The internal viewer (used for stuff your backend records), OTOH, doesn't
rely on mplayer.  It probably uses the same encoding/decoding libraries that
mplayer uses, but it provides its own interface.

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter