[mythtv-users] nVidia DVI out?

Scott Alfter mythtv at salfter.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 8 05:48:54 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 07, 2004 at 11:17:51PM -0500, Mark L. Cukier wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience getting the DVI output on an nVidia card
> to work? (GeForce FX 5200)

I just plugged it in and it worked after a reboot.

> I'm trying to connect the video card is connected to a Sony Widescreen
> HDTV. As always, help is much appreciated.

My understanding is that TVs can be a little more fussy about the modes
they'll accept.  Here's a 720p mode you might try:

    Mode "1280x720 at 60"
      DotClock 74.250
      HTimings 1280 1352 1392 1648
      VTimings 720 728 736 752
      Flags "+HSync" "+VSync"
    EndMode

(The 30" LCD I'm using now (a Vizio L30) was designed to work as a computer
display as well as a TV, so it's probably not typical of what you'd find in
the TV section of your local electronics store.)

  _/_
 / v \ Scott Alfter