[mythtv-users] Favorite Flavor?

Phill Edwards phill_edwards at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 03:41:48 UTC 2004

>I'm about to build a box, and have installed KnoppMyth once or twice, just
>playing around.  As I am about to install it on a machine I'd like to
>actually use, which distribution of linux do most people prefer?  It seems
>Ratpoison is a popular windows mgr, is that recommended?

A lot of people here use Fedora Core 2 because of Jarod Wilson's EXCELLENT
mythtv build guide which is based on FC2 - http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/. It's
a really good step by step guide to get you up and running using ATRPMs, and
you'll find lots of support info on it. I think it may have just upgraded to
FC3 - not sure how "stable" that all is yet.