[mythtv-users] Gateway PVR-250 - $65

Surplus Hardware pvr250 at surpware.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 8 00:58:44 UTC 2004

Jeff Thompson wrote:

> Surplus Hardware wrote:
>
>> I have come across a few Hauppauge/Gateway PVR-250 cards shown here
>> http://support.gateway.com/s/VIDCARD/Hauppage/6002365/6002365tc.shtml
>>
>> These are cards only, no instructions, no drivers, no remote (not
>> even a plug for a remote), I have been using a couple of them in my
>> MythTV box over the last month, they have worked flawlessly recording
>> and PiP with the ivtv driver.
>>
>> I'm willing to part with a number of these for $65 plus $10 postage
>> inside the USA. If anyone is interested, would like more information,
>> or to see a couple of pictures, please send me an email at
>> pvr250 at surpware.dyndns.org
>>
> I went to the link you posted and noticed the comment that says the
> PVR-250 must be installed in the middle PCI slot. Can you explain why
> this is a requirement?

Unfortunatley I cannot elaborate, I think it may have something to do
with the internals of whatever hardware they were selling, if you read
the 'system requirements' it just says you need an empty PCI slot.

I have a refurb EMachines, running an AU31 mother board
http://www.e4allinc.info/dir1/motherboards/socketa/au31.htm there is a
Hauppauge card in each of the PCI slots (PVR-350 + 2 PVR-250's), the
machine has been on 24/7 for the last 4 months with no problems.

Please contact me off list if you have any other questions,
pvr250 at surpware.dyndns.org

Cheers.