[mythtv-users] MythTV: Isaac Tivo: > 100 tech guys

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 00:31:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 16:09:37 -0800 (PST), Mythtv Mythtv wrote:
> Is it amamazing that MythTVs just Isaac, a few
> part-time guys, while Tivo has more than 100 full time
> tech guys?  (no offense to Tivo tech guys, I believe
> they are also very bright).

> Any thoughts on this?

I'll bite...I'm bored.

I believe it largely has to do with the Pro-Am movement, and the
beauty of open source.

http://www.demos.co.uk/catalogue/proameconomy/

Good ideas, good code, and a community that's willing to support
it...and you can go a long way.

I'll take this chance to thank all involved.  Amazing, simply amazing.
 If I ever meet any of you, you will most assuredly *not* be buying
any drinks on that night.

gs

--
I have some Gmail invites.