[mythtv-users] RAID5 ATA IDE hardware card recommendations for mythbackend machine

Robert Kulagowski bob at smalltime.com
Tue Dec 7 23:13:02 UTC 2004

I'm using a 3ware 7506-4LP with 4x250GB drives in a RAID-5 on debian.
Works great.

> I'm pondering picking up something like a Promise FastTrak SX4000.

Unless something has changed, I think you should stay far, far away.
Check the archives and the SX4000 mailing list.  When I was looking for
a RAID card I also thought about getting the SX4000 - at least until I
read reports on the SX4000 mailing list about how difficult it was to
get working reliably under Linux, even using the Promise drivers.