[mythtv-users] The last(?) hurdle

Neil Milne maillist at hippoit.co.uk
Tue Dec 7 23:27:51 UTC 2004

Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> I have the same. As long as it has the digital jack (top of the card,
> coloured yellow if I remember correctly) then you are set.
>
> AC3 (5.1) output doesn't work with ALSA 1.0.6 on the SB Live.
> You want 1.0.5 or 1.0.7 instead.

For what it's worth - if you are running a recent kernel which does have
1.0.6 installed you can do a manual patch which saves the hassle of
doing the full ALSA 1.0.7 patch, especially if you are not using a
vanilla kernel.

I just made the change tonight to my gentoo patched 2.6.9 kernel and it
works like a dream - full DD passthrough from DVDs on my OEM SB Live.

Check the alsa bugtracker here:
https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=646

I made the change manually as I wasn't sure if the file in my kernel
tree was the one the patch in that bug was made against, but it's a
trivial change, just removing a ++ operator on a parameter in a method call.

HTH
Neil