[mythtv-users] RE: HD-3000 only works on Linux 9.0 Fedora core 1 or 2?

David Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 23:18:26 UTC 2004

>mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
>> Looking at the website http://www.pchdtv.com/ at the
>> requirements for the HD-3000 card, it says:
>>
>> "Linux Red Hat Linux 9.0 Fedora core 1 and 2"
>>
>> Is this specific? Can I use another Linux distribution?
>> I use Slackware Linux, not fond of switching, will this
>> preclude me from the HD-3000?
>
>The PCHDTV forum is full of people using it on other distros. This
>includes Gentoo, Slackware, White Box, Mandrake.
>
>Having said that, I could never get it to work on Gentoo, I was always
>missing something in the kernel config. I ran it on FC3.
>
>Steve

I've got my HD3000 running on Gentoo (vanilla kernel).  As for the
drivers, etc, everything pretty much work right out of the box, with
one minor tweak (had to create a directory for one of the loadable
modules).

I'll be happy to post kernel configs, etc if anyone is interested

Now, if only I had an HDTV......

Dave