[mythtv-users] Transcoding: Audio/Video Sync

David Smith djs98052 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 18:50:29 UTC 2004

Hi Matt,

I'm not familiar with the command line parameters to mythtranscode,
but are you using the cutlist, or removing commercials as part of the
transcoding?

This is just a theory, but I'm wondering if a cut point occurs between
keyframes in the MPEG stream if this loss of synchronization will
occur.  Perhaps the video is processed all the way to the cutpoint,
but the audio processing stops at the keyframe, or vice-versa.  Maybe
others can confirm or deny this theory.

I had a similar problem with NUVEXPORT, but only on one recording.
I've done several others and haven't seen the same issue and I didn't
cut them on the keyframe intentionally.

-Dave

P.S. That's one of my favorite James Bond films!