[mythtv-users] please help: horrendous video quality (MPEG2 decoder recommendations?)

Jon Beckham mythtv at leftorium.net
Tue Dec 7 16:25:15 UTC 2004

At 07 December, 2004 Mark L. Cukier wrote:

>The picture quality is horrendous on several levels. The picture is
>shifted, so some is cut off. I have scan lines scrolling up (horizontal
>lines moving vertically), and the colors are WAY off.

If by "WAY off" you mean "a mass of purple and green" then try this:
post-install ivtv-fb /usr/local/bin/ivtvctl -d /dev/video224 -j reg=0x6c,val=0x9a

I have no idea about the shifting, but I am experiencing it as well with
my pvr350.

--
      j.beckham      | Everyone was born right handed,
beckham at gehennom.net | only the greatest overcome it.