[mythtv-users] Lightweight window manager recommendation

Travis Osterman tosterman at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 15:58:34 UTC 2004

I've been using Myth on my dedicated fc1 box for roughly one year now
and have only wonderful things to say.  During the holidays I am
planning on performing some hardware upgrades to my system and am will
be installing gentoo on my Myth box.  I haven't ventured far in the
relm of window managers (I prefer gnome myself) so I was looking for a
recommendation on a lightweight wm that would offer a slight increase
in performance from KDE.

I've seen blackbox and fvwm mentioned in the mythtv.org howto and
would appreciate any more information whether one is preferrable or if
there are other undocumented alternatives.  Thank you all for a
wonderful project and community.

-- Travis