[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV with FX5200 TV-Out

Dan Lanciani ddl5 at danlan.com
Tue Dec 7 07:41:14 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson <jcw at wilsonet.com> wrote:

|Well, I just remembered I have two clips you can try out, one 1080i, one 720p,
|both sitting around on my web server.
|
|1080i: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/cbs-in-hd.nuv
|720p: http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/abc-in-hd.nuv
|
|Both are in the 100MB or so range, less than a minute each, but should be
|suitable for testing.

Ok, I finally got back to this. :)  Recall that the question was about
how real 16:9 material displayed on my TV-Out.  Although I was pretty
sure it was wrong, the signals I was viewing were really 4:3 with side
bars to fill out to 16:9 so I wasn't 100% sure.  I downloaded your ABC
clip, but it also seems to be 4:3 with side bars!  Worse, it plays with
a horrible slow-motion stutter.  Recordings I make locally play ok.  This
is still the 3.2GHz P4.

				Dan Lanciani
				ddl at danlan.*com