[mythtv-users] *Remote* remote control

Jason Ramey majordomo at permutation.org
Mon Dec 6 23:00:28 UTC 2004

Couldn't you use the built-in client/server architecture of LIRC to
accomplish this? Have a local lircd or WinLIRC (which a quick google
seems to verify will do it as well) server running with an IR receiver
that connects to a lircd on your primary frontend. You said across the
network so I assume you have a PC in the same room as the TV. I know for
a fact that it works well lircd to lircd. I used a laptop's IR port
connecting to the frontend across ethernet. The dicey part is whether
WinLIRC supports it. My apologies if I misunderstood your intentions.
--

Jason Ramey
majordomo at permutation.org