[mythtv-users] [OT] Mailing Lists...

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Mon Dec 6 22:22:49 UTC 2004

That's the draw for me!!! Reading at work, and not looking like a huge
slacker! :-)

If you really prefer the forums, check out here:

http://pvrguide.no-ip.com/bbs/index.php?act=SC&c=6

They archive all the mailing list posts anyways, so you can keep up! :-)

Keep Slacking,
   Mark

John Kuhn wrote:

> I like the data sent to me.. rather then looking for the data.. I tend
> to keep up with it more..
>
> its also easier to pretend i'm reading email at work :)
>
> --John
>
>> Um...
>>
>> Probably going to draw fire on this, but...
>>
>> Why does the Linux community tend to collaborate with e-mail lists?
>> This seems kind of backward to me given that there is the rather nice
>> real time messaging methods used made useful by various forum sites.
>> I guess with an e-mail list you don't have to have a web site host,
>> but aren't forums really a bit more "user friendly"?  I'd really like
>> to hear why the Linux world seems to stick to these mail lists.
>>
>> Beyond that, can someone tell me a website that explains the
>> effective use of e-mail lists?  I guess I should STFW for this one,
>> but if anyone can give me a nice link that would be great.
>>
>> Sorry about the off topic, but I just don't quite get it...
>>
>> Bill

____________________________
*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/
P&E Microcomputer Systems