[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000 Which video card to use with

Brian Merrill bmerrill at sfcn.org
Mon Dec 6 22:19:01 UTC 2004

If memory serves me right, the GeForce4 MX are slightly newer than the
Ti's, hence the added video acceleration, but only support a lower
DirectX feature set, i.e. DirectX 7 whereas the GF4 Ti cards support a
DirectX 8 feature set and are probably a little faster.  However, I
would just buy a NVidia FX5200.  You could probably get one for close to
the same price as a GeForce4 MX and you would have the benefit of a much
faster card for gaming, a DirectX 9 feature set and the latest hardware
video acceleration.