[mythtv-users] hD-3000 identification

Yan-Fa Li yanfali at best.com
Mon Dec 6 03:52:03 UTC 2004

The actual chip is probably manufactured by Conexant, this is their
PCID.  Some manufacturers replace the first ID with their own so that it
prints the appropriate companies name up, like HP or IBM.  I wouldn't
sweat it, as long as it works.  You can simply supply and updated device
entry for the PCID guys so instead of Unknown it can print PCHDTV 3000
or perhaps the ATSC chip model number.

Yan

Chuck Rice wrote:

> That was a bit difficult to locate. Goggling pciutil turned up lots of
> irrelevant stuff. But there was a link which redirected to another link
> <http://pciids.sourceforge.net/> in the comments of the pci.ids file.
>
> My file was only 3 or 4 months old, but I upgraded it anyway.
>
> Still the database says that that vendor ID is held by Conexant, not
> pcHDTV. Are they the same company?
>
> lspci -n gives me:
>
> 00:09.0 Class 0400: 14f1:8800 (rev 05)
> 00:09.2 Class 0480: 14f1:8802 (rev 05)
>
> for those entries. -Chuck-
>
> At 4:55 PM -0800 12/5/04, Yan-Fa Li wrote:
>
>> Only if your pci util database has been updated recently.  Add it
>> yourself:
>>
>> /usr/share/hwdata/
>>
>> and then send a patch to the pciutil maintainers.
>>
>> Yan
>>
>> Chuck Rice wrote:
>>

>>> I have a pcHDTV HD3000. Why, when I do an lspci, do I get
>>>
>>> 00:09.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Winfast TV2000 XP (rev 05)
>>> 00:09.2 Multimedia controller: Conexant: Unknown device 8802 (rev 05)
>>> 01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV40 [GeForce