[mythtv-users] XF4.3.0 too slow for HDTV? (was BadAlloc)

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 6 01:29:48 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 12:30, nate s wrote:
> Yeah, onboard gfx suck, you'd be much better getting an AGP card (if
> your mobo has an agp slot that is.)  I'd just spend the the $40 on an
> nvidia 5200, avoiding two evils in one (onboard gfx, and ati drivers)

However, I was able to play back HDTV adequately using an onboard gf4mx w/the
same processor. My current setup w/an FX 5200 is a bit smoother, but the
gf4mx wasn't anywhere near as bad as that once I got it working. I did see
similar behavior (fine for the first second or two, then choppy), but that
was actually an ALSA problem. ALSA 1.0.6 caused major issues for me, which
all went away both when downgrading to 1.0.5a and bumping up to 1.0.7.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...