[mythtv-users] external stb newbie

Kees van Bemmel keesvanbemmel at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 21:54:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've been running mythtv .16 for a while now and it's absolutely
great. The thing is that I just got digital television with an
external settop box which I want to be able to record as well of
course. Does anyone know where to start? And can it be done? I read
something about LIRC transmitting signals, emulating a remote
control??! And how do I record shows? Can I use the tv-in on one of my
PVR-250's?

Thanks for any help in advance.

PS to give you an idea how I started... I used Jarod's guide and my
knowledge of linux/mythtv has improved a bit but I'm still a newbie