[mythtv-users] Mythtv + DXR3 ?

Tim T. tim.timmerman at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 14:04:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

  I managed to get an experimental mythtv box set up on my desktop
system (experimental in that I'm planning something standalone in the
near future).
 This works fine, but watching tv is often a problem, since the screen
often stops for a few seconds, especially if there is some processing
going on in the background.

The hardware: AMD Athlon 1800 +, Pinnacle PCTV pro nvidia Gforce 4mx
video card,
using nvidia's latest drivers.

 While rummaging through the odds and bit box, I found a DXR3 card. As
I understand it, this is a hardware MPEG decoder.

Would it be worth the effort to install this card into my current
desktop system to fix the
live tv playback problem ?

(Or should I just bite the bullet, and get that PVR 350 for christmas ?;-)

TimT