[mythtv-users] Commercial skip hangs frontend

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Dec 4 21:07:32 UTC 2004

> Last CVS update caused me to begin having these problems. Everything
> works great as long as I don't hit z to skip commercials. If I do it
> hangs with the following output. Any ideas on things to try to get it
> working again?

Last CVS update meaning when?  In other words, did you update last
month, last week or last night?

> 2004-12-04 15:12:22.051 DoFastForward: Not enough info in positionMap,
> we need frame 1074404943 but highest we have is 107790

The frame number it's trying to skip to would indicate you have a
9958 hour long recording which is unlikely, so either commercial
flagging went haywire or something with your recordedmarkups table is.

If you are using software compression, can you try updating to current
CVS (ie, now) and re-flag the program you're having a problem with
using the popup menu on the Watch Recording screen.  Then if it is
still broke, let me know.

--

Chris