[mythtv-users] *completely* OT : general database app for linux?

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Sat Dec 4 20:01:40 UTC 2004

Cook, Garry wrote:
> mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org wrote:
>
>>Have just installed linux for a friend so he can have a play with it
>>(FC3) .. the first thing he asked about was if there was a decent
>>database app for it..
>>
>>I explained all about mysql/postgresql.. but he is interested in
>>something like an Access type application.. with a nice graphical
>>frontend..
>>
>>Anyone seen anything like this? have had a look through freshmeat but
>>can't find anything relevant..
>>
>>Cheers
>>
>>Craig
>

> You might have a look at phpMyAdmin. It's written for MySQL, not
> PostgreSQL. You can administer your databases via a browser.
> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

thanks for the response.. sorry I should have been more specific.. I use
phpMyadmin all the time.. but its not what hes looking for..

more like access.. with forms/reports etc.. I came across an app call
Rekall.. which is pretty close.. but doesn't seem to compile under FC3
(there are reports of it working under FC2 though) .. so something like
that..

Thanks again

Craig