[mythtv-users] [OT] Recommended Motherboard/Chipset

Mark fairlane at springcom.com
Sat Dec 4 17:57:44 UTC 2004

Thanks for your advice.  Hopefully I'm not too much off-topic here but I
know there are those of you out there running stable Myth systems?
What's the secret?  My current system is a Gigabyte motherboard w/ AMD
2100+ and 512MB RAM, and it crashes a lot while watching live tv or
recording tv.

I would say there's far more stable myth systems out there than unstable
ones.  I've generally had uptimes of at least a month in heavy usage,
aside from a wierd backend crashing problem with 0.15 that ended when I
changed distros to Slackware from Mandrake.