[mythtv-users] Re: PVR-350 Issues - Poor Colors

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Dec 4 16:08:47 UTC 2004

I seem to recall something about the black and white thing.  If you
record in ntsc and the ivtv driver is forced to pal (or vise versa) it
would do this.  But I have to admit, I'm not sure how you would get that
combination.

On the pvr350, double check the tuner type it's reporting (dmesg).  The
latest Hauppauge boards are reporting tuner types that are not supported
in the standard 2.4.xx or 2.6.xx releases and require a kernel module
patch (tuner.h and tuner.c).

Good luck,
Don