[mythtv-users] Which ivtv driver and firmware should I use for Pvr 350?

Don Brett dlbrett at zoominternet.net
Sat Dec 4 15:44:44 UTC 2004

Hi, I'm having difficulty getting menus to display on the tvout of the
pvr350.  If I turn off the tvout feature and just use the computers
monitor, it works fine.

I started with the release versions of ivtv and the suggested firmware:

- Driver - ivtv-0.1.9.tar.gz
- Firmware - pvr_1.18.21.22168_inf.zip

It worked fine on the computer monitor, but didn't get anything out of
tvout.  I found a guide that said I had to use one of the ckennedy
drivers for the pvr 350.  So, I ended up using:

Driver - ivtv-0.3.1s.tgz
Firmware - pvr48wdm_1.8.22037.exe

The tvout plays movies just fine, but none of the menus do anything.  If
I turn off tvout, they still work fine on the computers monitor.

Which driver and firmware do the developers recommend for the Pvr 350?
Thanks for the help,
Don

PS - Should this question be posted to users list or to the devel list?

Distro - Slackware 9.1
Kernel - 2.4.27
Capture board - Hauppauge pvr 350 (tuner type 47 with tuner.c and
tuner.h patches)