[mythtv-users] MythVideo v0.16 doesn't compile

Mike Isely isely at isely.net
Fri Dec 3 22:00:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ian Collington wrote:

> Mike Isely wrote:
>
> >On Fri, 3 Dec 2004, Ian Collington wrote:

   [snip...]

> >>Anyone have any ideas?
> >>
> >>I get the same problem on normal and root user.
> >>

> >Those are all standard ANSI C functions defined in math.h.  Is that header
> >somehow not being included?
> >
> >  -Mike

> I'm not a C/C++ person. How can I check?
>
> I have GCC v3.4.1 and I'm using Mandrake 10.1 Official.

Find where videogallery.cpp exists and try this command from the shell
when in its directory:

grep math.h videogallery.cpp

That should tell you if it's there.  But even if it isn't, this still
isn't definitive, since videogallery.cpp might include a header which then
might include math.h.  Or... it might be there, but surrounded by an ifdef
that's causing the compiler to skip it...

Another possibility (though remote) is that math.h might be there but is
missing a 'extern "C"' wrapper since I presume videogallery.cpp is C++
source.  But that would be nuts since all ANSI headers should handle C++
correctly.

I only just joined this mailing list a few days ago (and wow there is a
lot of traffic here!) and have _ZERO_ experience compiling mythtv.  I have
gobs of other software experience, but I'm probably the wrong person to
suggest a deep dive into this particular problem.  I only made that
comment from the perspective of an experienced C/C++ programmer who
recognized those missing functions.

Somebody else here can / should probably give a simple explanation for why
math.h (apparently) isn't being seen in that file.

  -Mike

    POSITIVELY NO       |                             | 03 54 43 4D 75 E5 CC 92
 UNSOLICITED JUNK MAIL! |   isely @ pobox (dot) com   | 71 16 01 E2 B5 F5 C1 E8