[mythtv-users] Gentoo and MythTV

Russ McDermott mcdermr at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 3 14:40:11 UTC 2004

I've become a Gentoo junkie since I was introduced to it almost 2 years ago.

I just got done installing Myth on a gentoo box this week (installed LIRC last
night).  The basic setup is: "emerge mythtv mythmusic mythweather (other myth
ebuilds here)", wait for comile to finish, config, enjoy .  There was some
kernel compliling to get the new tuner modules working. (using kernel
2.6.9-gentoo-r6 from the gentoo-dev-sources ebuild.

http://home.comcast.net/~alf_park/mythtv.html
and
http://forums.gentoo.org

are the two sites that you should reference.   The first is an install How-To.
The other is a general forum site for gentoo which is very very helpful.  I
used both to it working.  I only had a problem with ivtv, only because my
WinTV PVR-250 is one of the new ones that uses a new tuner (tuner 50).  I had
my cheap bttv card working out of the box with the How-To.

Russ