[mythtv-users] OT: rsync, or is there a better option?

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Fri Dec 3 18:49:44 UTC 2004

Since my myth box has crashed a few times, including power loss and hard
lockups, I want to backup my recordings, videos, etc so I don't lose
anything the next time. So I picked up a couple large hard drives and
have another linux box (FC3) ready to be a network storage device. I
already backup important files, such as mysql dump, so I'm just talking
the large video files here.

What's the best way to get all my recordings, videos, mucis, etc sent
over to this box every so often, maybe once a day. I'm thinking copy
anything new or changed, and remove anything deleted from the source.
Changes would only be made on the storage system, either adding or
removing files.

Would rsync be the best way to accomplish this or is there a better
option?

Thanks,
James