[mythtv-users] Black screen(saver?)

Stephen Tait tait at digitallaw.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 19:25:09 UTC 2004

The problem is DPMS, the energy saving stuff. Personally, I disabled it
globally in my x.org config;

Section "ServerFlags"
         AllowMouseOpenFail
         Option "NoPM" "true"
         Option "BlankTime" "0"

Your IR control won't wake out of monitor sleep, because X doesn't
recognise it as a device (i.e. it's controlled by LIRCD rather than an X
device). I'm attempting to get around this so that I can use Xscreensaver
to draw pretty pictures when Myth ain't in use; try adding something like
this to your .lircrc

begin
         remote = myremote
         button = bleep