[mythtv-users] Feature Suggestions (Tivo)

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Dec 3 16:33:36 UTC 2004

> On Fri,  3 Dec 2004 09:28:52 -0600, Kevin Hulse <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>>      I am currently dabbling with MythTV and one thing that seems
>> conspicously absent is the "Wish List" feature available in more
>> recent versions of the Tivo system software. This would be a very
>> nice thing to add to Myth. It's one of those little killer features
>> that I would keep a Tivo around for.
>
> Myth already has this.  Any search can be saved as a recording rule.
> Myth's search based recording exceeds the capabilities of "Wish List".

Cool. I thought it was odd that MythTV hadn't repliacated this.

Another thing, does Myth have any awareness of what broacasts are
either unedited or commercial free? It would be nice to prioritize
movies based on what's not been edited.

Another thing would be tracking of personal viewing habits and
deprioritizing shows that have been recently viewed or viewed
and not completed or shows that were recorded and expired without
ever having been viewed.

It also looks like there's a blacklist too.

There's some things you just don't want wasting precious space
on your PVR despite of whatever rules you have in place. Tivo
has this annoying habit of still recording stuff even when it's
got 3 thumbs down.