[mythtv-users] call for people with experience with Silverstone HTPC cases

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 15:13:09 UTC 2004

I am looking into getting a case for christmas and came across the
SilverStone Lascala SST-LC03-B at pcalchemy and am pretty interested.
I really don't have any need for an lcd and I prefereably want
something that covers the dvd drive since it is so ugly.  So this
looks like it might fit the bill.  Do any of you guys have experience
with this case or ones similar to it?  Currently I have a 2-3 year old
sony vaio P4 1.8 that I am running mythtv on since it was a spare box.
 But the only way that i can fit this case is to lay it on its side
and put it underneath my tv.  Unfortunately though when it is on its
side the weight won't allow the dvd drive to open (which is why i
started looking at htpc cases).

So whatever case i buy I would like to just dismantle my vaio and drop
the pieces into the new case.  I preferably not have to go out and by
a new mobo or anything like that since I already have a working myth
box with the parts that I have.  So size isn't all that big of an
issue, just something around the size of my current setup or smaller.

So my only real requirements are that the case accept all my old
parts, have decent ventilation, and have front I/O so i can plug in my
usb gamepads.

Thanks,
Evan