[mythtv-users] Jarod Instructions / mplayer

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Fri Dec 3 07:15:11 UTC 2004

I have a dumb question here.

I have got to the place in Section 10 of the Jarod instructions where
he suggests that you do
    ivtvctl -u 0x3000
    ivtvctl -p 4
    ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480

and then do
    cat /dev/video1 > test.mpg    (yes on mine its video1)
and mplayer test.mpg

So the dumb question.
WHAT CHANNEL are we trying to 'see' ???
I see a 'bit' of static, but that wouldnt be all that odd if we are
sitting on a nonexistant channel.

Ive looked back, but dont see anything that sets the channel.

If I do a
    ivtvctl -R
it reports
    Frequency = 10132
but trying to interpret that as 101.32MHz (?) doesnt give the edge or
center of any broadcast or cable tv channel...

SO what gives?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com