[mythtv-users] Program listings problems discussed on /.

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Dec 3 05:28:48 UTC 2004

Mike Benoit wrote:

>Apparently the time can change "without notice". One episode might run a
>minute late, and the next be 2 minutes early.
>
>Is MythTV not smart enough to "make a best effort" to record shows, even
>if they started 1-5minutes ago?

Nope.  This was something I wanted to tackle someday but I'm not yet
comfortable with all the scheduling code to try my hand at it yet.  For
now I just record Lost on my ReplayTV and West Wing on Myth because the
Replay can't handle it either.  I figured an option to allow the
scheduler to start a program within X minutes of the start time if it
finds that it could start recording it now despite a previous conflict.

Kevin