[mythtv-users] Configuring Channel frequencies

Nick Rosier nick.rosier at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 22:48:53 UTC 2004

Rolf,

you can either ask another person who uses mythtv in your region to
send his channels table to you, or you can add them manually like I
did (I live in Belgium).
Install ptune and mplayer; use mplayer /dev/video0 and tune all
channels with ptune. It isn't that much work to enter them in mythtv
(I only added 20 channels, the rest I never watch anyways) and it
didn't take that much time. One thing you might want to do; there's a
tv-guide grabber for holland. Try to find out the xmltv-id of each
channel and enter it as well. That way, each channel will be linked
correctly to the tv-guide.

Good luck,

N.