[mythtv-users] Help with nforce2 sound?

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Thu Dec 2 04:52:17 UTC 2004

Okay, I'm definitely scratching my head on this one...

I recently got a new Chaintech 7NIF2 mobo w/nForce2 (MCP) sound.
Everything's good, except no matter what I do I can't control the
volume!  I've tried the i810 OSS driver (what FC1 detected), and I've
also tried the nvsound.o module from Nvidia.  Both give me a mixer
device, but nothing I do seems to affect the line-out.  Luckily for me
the volume is 'stuck' at an acceptable volume :-)

Anybody have a clue?  If I get some time I'll try ALSA, but if I'm
getting sound then the mixer should work, neh?

-JAC